Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Special Reservation counter at Indian Railways

Yesterday i went to book a ticket to my home
town. As usual I have decided at the 11th hour,so have to hurry so that the the tatakal tickets mite nt finish up b4 i reach.I dnt hav a internet conenction at office,so cant help myself with e-tickets.So,Bunked the office for 2 hours at 12 p.m.
I found a strange thing there at the railway station nearby my workplace, there is a seperate window for the reservations for ladies, handiecaps, and seniorcitizen.
see the irony buddy, ladies == handicapes== seniorcitizens .
I have never booked ticket tht way so m not aware if this happens at other stations also :)
But I am an Indian, if I am given a reservation, I have to avail. even if i m capable of standing in the queue :)
So I was there ,in the reserved queue.
For getnn ur resevation done from tht counter u need to be in a queue, ther too u have been agn provided one more reservation, i.e seperate queues for self travellers as well those gettn ticket done for others, so i was in reservations/ladies/self queue.
for every 2 candidates of normal queue 1 candidate from my queue, this is the sequence
they follow..

there were 8 people ahead of me which means my turn was 25th :)
as i forgot to tak my ear phons so there I was standing in the queue and
doin my fav job, i.e observation :P
and here I am presenting this to uuuuuu
there were 2 senior citizens in my queue.. lets name them.
1) Shri Satyaprakash Sadachari
2) Pandit Deena Nath Chouhan

Shri Satyapraksh, as i felt seems to b a freedom fighter, every now n thn he was
boosting wat he has done thruout his life, n tht state of affairs and all crap...
if u hav ever book a ticket tht way, u mite hav seen those small reservation forms, spread over the place on floor hardly left at their proper place...so whenever some1 cam n ask at the counter for more forms, our satya praksh uncle used to ask them to collect thm from the floor n keep thm at their proper place..n wont allow the railway clerk to gv more form unless the older ones have been collected n shown their correct place.
u cannot imagine hw i cntrolled my laughter..
but i need not wait for a long, after 3rd -4th time every one broke..those in hurry controlled their anger lookn at his age...

the other uncle, Pandit Deena Nath Chouhan, must be an angry youngman in his youth, he
considered himself responsible for maintaing the decorum of the queue, like a school PT teacher..hw to stand, nt to push, stand in attention,, hw he used to stand in his youth n all cribbling.He ddnt allow railyway clerk to book a single ticket back door of some relatives or friends.. he ddnt even allow ne one to brak the queue and just enquire...which according to him agn was making those standing in the queue for long a fool ,infact every1 was struggling hard to cntrol laughter while watching the LC.Whenever the phone at clerk's desk rang, he agn got the bitter scolding from Deenanath uncle for wasting the precious time of Indians...

other then this senior citizen entries, there were 6 ladies ahead of me, 2 aunties,1
senior citizen and the other was full of makeup so I was unable to makeout her age...
Also she was nt carryng a certificate so she must not be of age :P ,both filled the form wrong.. n we have to wait till they filled it correctly n got their reservations done...I was prayng to God
tht the clerk must not gv up in between
other were of middle age group n my group who ddnt create much trouble n were waiting
patiently for their turn.. and finally my turn cam n I got the ticket at 2, at which the counter closed for a 30 min break, I was lucky enough to get my wrk done in 2 hours at indian railways.

n I dd all this in office hours and my boss was missing me too, I was gettn cntinous misscalls( those were full rings, i ddnt pickup ;) from her for being absent from office for more thn 2 hours.But I like it tht way, rite nw m sitting idle( from work) and writing this for u :P

2 comments:

dEgReE said...

I found the posting pretty interesting I wonder no comments to it.
I think most of the indians who book reservation tickets from the counters must have faced such situations often.
The best part of it was the way felomina elaborated such a ordinary occurance. What a utilization of time.

dEgReE said...

Hi Felomina,
I would like to read other blog http://astha23.blogspot.com
Please provide me the access to it if the contents are not personal.